Monday, April 6, 2009

Don't Worry, Be Happy

Okay, now that my rant is out of my system I am feeling better. Almost great except for the tax problem...but it is what it is.

So for those of you who think that I am just plain pessimistic here are some things that help me be optimistic:

I love:

Anything that has do with spending time with my family...listening to my kids laugh...watching them sleep...etc.

To get lost in a good book.

That first glass of fresh squeezed OJ in the morning. If it can't be fresh, Simply Orange will do...it starts my day!

To put on my IPOD and exercise. Believe it or not, I get a lot of thinking done despite the music. I can't run without it and I love the memories when a good 'ol 80's song comes on.

To spend two hours in the kitchen cooking a meal. I put on some jazz, maybe have a glass of Pellegrino with lime, and zone...."I am one with the food".

Taco Tuesday at Taco Johns...even though I am training for a marathon, once in a while I heed to my cravings and go for it. 4 crispy tacos, medium potato oles and apple grande thank you!

Any SNL clip featuring Chris Farley...although the Chippendales one rocks the world. Here is a link: Chippendales Audition. How can you not love the crack?

Chocolate. Seriously, I don't know many people that buy it in a 22 lb. bag. Callebaut and Valrhona are my favorites.

Fall. I love the crisp evenings and the color changes.

Bubble baths.

And most importantly...that I received a witness that the church is true. I was 23 years old when I finally decided that I wanted it in my life, but I have never looked back and am grateful for the changes I have been able to make because of it. It doesn't mean that I am not a little testy now and then, obviously by yesterdays post we know that to be true, but what it does mean is that I am dedicated to the covenants and promises I have made and am proud, yes proud, of the fact that I keep them.

Every one needs a vent day now and then. If you think less of me, I am sorry. But at least I can admit my weaknesses and frustrations and move on. Venting is very therapeutic and helps remind you that you are only human. Maybe you should try it!

4 comments:

  1. Venting is good for the soul! I frequently have to have a good "vent session!" Hey, I didn't know chocolate came in a 22 pound bag! WHOO HOO! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think less of you...quite the opposite in fact. It's always good to know that everyone is human.

    Taco Johns? Never had it...perhaps I shall partake before we leave...perhaps not.

    You must get SNL:The Best of Chris Farley dvd. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats why i adore you Ginnie. You tell it like it is and that is a hard thing to find in most people. You had me and Steve rolling on the ground in laughter after reading your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so badly miss Taco John's! When we visit family in Worland, we always have to eat at TJ's!

    ReplyDelete