Tuesday, August 7, 2012

What's cooking?

Once in a while it pays to take it easy in the kitchen.  Sometimes, not so.  But when I want to, I am very selective about they way I do it.

Spicy Marinara is one of my favorites and I came across a brand I hadn't tried while enjoyed some therapy at Whole Foods.


Spicy Marinara Penne with Prosciutto (Mine was made with julienned zucchini to stay grain free)

Rundown on the Marinara.  It was delicious.  This did not taste like canned tomato sauce.  You could tell there were quality ingrediants.  It was solid without having big chunks and too much liquid.  It wasn't as spicy as I would have preferred, but for kids it works great.  I added chopped prosciutto at the end of cooking for a little flavor fun.

Truffled Green Beans
Heirloom Grape Tomato Caprese


Caprese is easy, fast and delicious.  Slice tomatoes in half.  Diced mozzarella.  Chiffonade Basil.   Add a splash or two of olive oil and balsamic.  Season with freshly ground pepper and Maldon salt.


Raising the bar on green beans.  Steam green beans until they are tender.  Add two tablespoons butter and truffle salt to taste.  Seriously divine.  Mag.  Ni.  Fi.  Cent.  Outrageously good.


Dinner is served in 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment