Wednesday, July 4, 2012

What's cooking?

It has been awhile since I have posted about food, but let me assure you that I have been eating, and cooking, albeit minimally with our recent baseball schedule and the temperatures outside.  My garden has been overflowing with salad greens and now with green beans so I have a feeling you will be seeing a lot of that.

Caprese (or as I call it, my one a day keep the doctor away lunch!)


Ingredients for this make it or break it.  Here are mine:

One large Hassevoort Farms tomato.  (Des Moines Farmers Market)
1/2 round of mozzarella from Lucca (Des Moines Farmers Market)
1/4 c. julienned fresh basil
Freshly ground pepper and Fleur de Sel.

Cut the mozzarella into dice.  Cut the tomato into 6 thick slices, then quarter.  Want to know what makes it even better?  Eating it while sitting in the hammock for the start of your afternoon siesta.  The heat from the sun makes the flavors really come through...I promise!


No comments:

Post a Comment