Sunday, April 29, 2012

You guessed it...busy!

So here I am, on a Sunday morning at 10:00 a.m., at home, when I SHOULD be at a Stake assignment for church, but I am not because Kyle, yes Kyle, is sick.  In fact, he is still in bed.  (Pausing so everyone who knows him can pass out from the fact that he is a)sick and b)still in bed).  Yeah, a complete surprise to me.  And he even asked me to stay home because he was feeling out of balance and dizzy.  (Pause again.  Yeah, really out of the ordinary for him.  I mean, he is stinking superman when it comes to getting sick.)

I made breakfast, updated Taylor's team blog and am now getting to ours.  So, without further ado, here are some happenings this week.  (And on a side note, yes I am still CRABBY.  I started physical therapy again in two weeks and then go back to the surgeon 4 weeks after that.  Maybe THEN I will get to start running.)


Taylor discovered some eggs on his window.  They are in between the two panes.  Don't know what they are yet, but as of yesterday they have turned dark brown. We are taking pictures daily to see the change.  I have a feeling they will die because the mid day sun hits this window and it gets pretty hot!





McKay had dance observation this week as they prepare for recital.  Taylor also had a choir concert that same night and luckily my friend Emily recorded a few songs for me.  Kyle was coaching Grant's game the same night as well.  I really am not kidding when I say we are busy.


I still took Taylor for a treat after his concert, which is our tradition.  Little man loved his.



Hinckley loves playing with our neighbor Ava.  She has spinabifida and cannot walk yet, but she is amazing!  She still is able to play with the kids with this little play chair.  Hinckley thought she needed help, little does he know that her arms are stronger that Kyle's!




My handsome oldest son showing Hinckley to waste not, want not.  Real great, huh?


Beef Lettuce Wraps with Sweet and Spicy Green Beans

1 onion, diced finely
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. olive oil
16 oz. mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 lb. grass fed ground beef
1 bag organic broccoli slaw
3 carrots, julienned
3 tbsp. coconut aminos
3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp. fish sauce

Heat olive oil in large sauté pan over medium high heat.  Add onion and cook until translucent.  Add garlic and sauté for about one minute.  Add mushrooms and cook until liquid is released and then reabsorbed and mushrooms start to caramelize.  Add beef and cook until no longer pink.  Add broccoli slaw, carrot and aminos, vinegar and fish sauce.  Cook until vegetables are crisp tender.  

1 lb. green beans
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 c. mirin
1 tbsp. sriracha (or to taste)

Heat olive oil in pan.  Add green beans and sauté over medium heat for a few minutes.  Add mirin and sriracha and cook until mirin reduces to a syrup glaze and beans are tender.  Top with black sesame seeds.


My buddy.




Hinckley and his friend Max.  They spend every Thursday alternating between our and Max's house.  Their favorite thing to do here is help sweep and dance!


Combed his hair straight.  Still cute, but the curls are so special!






My favorite pitcher.  Great step, foot down and back up high for follow through.  Yep, pretty much looks like just Mo!

And it keeps getting better.  McKay just came upstairs and guess what...she has a fever.  Just like I did last Sunday.  AWE. SOME.

1 comment:

  1. We have a couple of boys that could use a few lessons! You look fantastic, Taylor! I am proud of your talent!

    ReplyDelete