Friday, April 20, 2012

Random Happenings

With baseball season in full swing, and having surgery, yearly and quarterly taxes, PTO meeting, dance pictures, quick trip to KC and NOT BEING ABLE TO RUN, it has been a little busy, overwhelming, frustrating and exhausting.  I am super crabby and NO ONE gets it.  I KNOW I am blessed, but I have nothing for myself right now.  Running is MY time and it has been taken away for a time, even exercising for that matter has.  My boys have been fighting, disobedient, and challenging.  Hinckley is into everything and has been a little stinker about nap times, bedtimes, and even when I walk out the door just to go into the garage he throws a fit.  Yep, I am on empty.

Oh well, that is my lot for the time, isn't it?

Here are some happenings as of late...



McKay and her BFF having fun after school.  Why is it that every child insists on only wearing socks outside?


Not ours, but our neighbors.  And I constantly hear "Why can't we get a dog? Everybody else has a dog?  We want a dog.  It's not fair that we don't have a dog."  She cutes, but so glad she isn't ours!


Little always working...


or making a mess.  Too bad his love of cleaning doesn't extend to CLEANING UP!


Veggie Fried "Rice"

1 c. shredded cauliflower
2 c. vegetables, chopped into bite size pieces
2 eggs
1 tbsp. Chinese five spice
1 tsp. sesame oil
1 tbsp. olive oil

Heat olive oil in large sauté pan over med high heat.  When oil is hot add vegetables and sauté until crisp tender.  Add cauliflower and 2 tbsp. water and put on a lid.  Allow to steam cook for a few minutes or until cauliflower is cooked.  Remove lid and make a space in the pan for eggs.  Scramble them and the mix well with stir fry.  Add spice, sesame oil and pepper to taste.  Top with coconut aminos for a grain free meal.


Life is so unfair when I can't just sit in the fridge and leave the door open for as long as I want.


Quick Easter picture of one.  Hair done by Dad because Mom had a migraine.  Alas, no good Easter picture this year.




The older boys set up a Easter egg hunt in the house for the littles.  Hinckley LOVED all the candy.


Another quick lunch creation.  Cook a few pieces of maple bacon in a fry pan, add leftover roasted butternut squash and cook until heated through.  Add baby kale and chopped tomato.    Add a splash of two of apple cider vinegar.  Salt and pepper to taste.  It was actually quite good!



B for D.  Frittatas, Roasted zucchini with Parmesan, and fried sweet potato/potatoes.  One frittata was plain cheese for the kids.  I opted for caramelized onion, brie and prosciutto.  Roast zucchini at 450 and then finish on broil to melt Parmesan.  




We love to color!


A quick trip to KC for the temple open house.  So beautiful.  I love that my children were able to be part of this rare opportunity.  Even though it has not been dedicated I don't understand how someone could not feel the presence of our Heavenly Father there.  What a blessing it is to know that families can be forever and that those keys have been restored.

"And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven:  and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven:  and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."  Matthew 16:19.

It is nice to hear that they have had such an overwhelming response that they had to extend it for a week!


Seriously, I know that every parent says this, but he is stinking cute!!!





What fun this has been!  Not so much...


Another lost tooth.  She is growing too fast!!!



1 comment: