Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sometimes Mom does know what she is talking about

Grant is convinced that Hinckley can hold a cup all by himself.  

As I was cooking breakfast for the boys, I had previously made them a smoothie to tide them over.  (Because, of course, they wake up STARVING and want to just start devouring everything in site.  However, I prefer to send them off to school with a nice breakfast).  

Hinckley LOVES smoothies.  He knows the sound of the blender and before I know it he is at my feet.  Grant's task this morning was to help, HELP, give Hinckley little sips out of cup.

Obviously I don't know anything and he assumed Hinckley was ready to do it on his own.





So, after Hinckley's wonderful effort of drinking smoothie on his own, I had to spend 15 minutes cleaning up his chair (do you know how hard it is to remove little berry pieces off of a highchair?), 15 minutes giving him an unplanned bath and 5 minutes cleaning the floor.  I am so glad Grant KNEW what he was talking about.  He is one lucky kid that he had school.  If it wasn't so close to the end of the year, I would have made him late so HE could clean up the mess.  Maybe then the lesson would be learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment