Friday, May 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Hinckley!

What a difference a year makes!


One year ago we were blessed with another child in our family.  Hinckley Aaron Coleman came into this world with quite an entrance.





Since then, our lives have been tremendously blessed with this addition to our family.

He is so different from my other babies, yet similar in many ways.  One obvious difference is NO RED HAIR.  And for those of you who were SURE it was underneath all of the brown, it is not.  In fact, his hair is almost a platinum color underneath.  Along with that, he also has curly hair.  It is so dang cute.

One year:  30 1/2 in. tall
22 lbs. 8 1/2 ozs.

He is growing too fast!

We had his one year photo shoot on Tuesday...here are a couple of sneak peaks.  




He is certainly busy, but he is also the most easy going baby.  I think that is probably a necessity when you are the fourth child. 

*He loves his Mommy.  He still loves to snuggle and would stay in my arms all day if I would let him.  And let me tell you friends, I don't mind at all.  These days are coming to end, more quickly than I would like.
*He loves when Daddy comes home.  He gets so excited to see his Dad come in the door.  In fact, he doesn't like to see him leave, either.  He often tries to barricade himself in front of the door when Kyle is leaving for the day.
*He loves when the boys get home from school.  He wants their attention immediately, and will let them know that he wants to be doing whatever they are.
*He loves to read with me.  Pat the Bunny is one of his favorites!
* He likes to hear me sing to him. (I am quite sure that will only last until he figures out that I have a terrible voice!)  He loves "Itsy, Bitsy Spider" and "I like to eat Apples and Bananas".
*Speaking of food, this kid will eat anything...and chokes on everything.  Especially water...just like his Mommy!  He loves bananas, grapes, yogurt, meat, bread, cheese, green beans, carrots, sweet potatoes, eggs, rice...in fact, there isn't anything I have given him that he doesn't like.  He wants to eat what you are eating, and isn't happy unless you are sharing your food with him.
*He can sign all done, more, bath, drink, banana, and milk.
* He says momma, dada, dah (for all done), and bah (for bath).
*He does not want to walk by himself.  I LOVE it.  One he establishes his indepedency my freedom is over!  He likes to walk along things and loves to stand, but prefers to move from place to place using the gorilla crawl.
*He gets into EVERYTHING.  He loves to discover new things...and then put them in his mouth.
*He loves the bathroom...now all of our doors to bathrooms are closed.
*He loves the bath.  He gets so excited when I ask him if he is ready for his bath.
*He loves the drop it, pick it up game.  Me?  Not so much.
*He loves to be outdoors.  

Yes, this little angel has captured our hearts.  I feel so lucky to be his Mother.  I have said it before, but I don't know what I did to deserve another one of our Heavenly Father's children.  My cup runneth over.  

Happy Birthday Hinckley!



2 comments:

  1. sweet baby...so much like our Max. Those 4th babies have SO much to keep up with. Beautiful. What a blessing

    ReplyDelete