Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy Birthday....

Alas, the time has finally come and gone.  The Christmas decorations (inside) are put away and the Christmas movies are once again tucked into their rightful spot. 

And to my dear Frosty (hence the title) how I will miss you and McKay's desire to watch you a gazillion times.
But, we are on to less important holidays, with the exception of Easter, which is equally important, if not more so, and we are counting down until next year!

We had a very nice Christmas, spending time with family and enjoy days off. 

Without further ado....

Ski Lift Tickets..........$45.00
Tube Lift Tickets..........$45.00
Sledding on our own sleds on hill between the ski lift and tube lift..........priceless


I guess the saying is true that sometimes the best things in life are free!  Go figure.


Ahhh...Christmas morning.  The sound of pitter patter feet running up the stairs with so much excitement that can't be contained only to find....a box of coal for all of the boys?  Did I also mention that the first time they were up was 3:00 A.M.?  There were not happy campers, let me tell you.  The coal was sort of a "wake up/warning" from Santa so to speak.  And let me tell you that some very unflattering actions/fake swear words (which I think are JUST as bad) were said.  Uncle Doug swiftly kicked their tooshes backed to bed and they reappeared at 7:00 a.m.  However, this time there was even more frustration after they read Santa's Letter.

"Dear Boys,

No Cookies.
No Milk.
No Presents.

Santa

P.S.  Plus you were naughty 
(At least WE thought his note was funny)

  I can tell you that after their reactions I didn't want to give them a thing.  I was so disappointed in they way they acted that they took whatever spirit about Christmas was there right out the door.  Nevertheless, as usual, the parents gave in and somehow, miraculously, Santa delivered the gifts downstairs for them.  This was probably my least favorite celebration of Christmas ever...and dear friends, that is saying a lot.  How sad.  In fact, I really don't even want to put pictures up because it just makes me frustrated to think that we gave in when we shouldn't have.  And that our children have too much and are not grateful for what the day is REALLY about.  Hindsight is 20/20, isn't it?

I have succeeded in something though.  I finally found something Kyle likes that he didn't take back!


 You really can't go wrong with:
a) cuff links
b) Yankees merchandise

Woo hoo folks, we have a winner!!!  It's only take me 13 years, but I have finally done it!

Here's something refreshing to take my mind off things...


Isn't he adorable?  I know I am a little biased, but, isn't he?

Love this picture of Grant reading to Great Grandma.  Sadly, moments like this are fleeting.  It is so wonderful that my boys have grown up knowing their Great Grandparents.


And because I thought you need some more adorableness...


Little Mr. Cuteness loves to stick out his tongue.  It is his new "thing".  His other thing?  Still not sleeping through the night.  It is rough friends.  I am tired.  And by tired I mean cranky.  But I just cannot let him cry it out.  It breaks my heart.  Plus, he is still in our bed so it is just easier that way.  I mean, since I KNOW he is going to wake up, he might as well start in our bed then I don't have to get out of bed to get him, right?

Well, that in a nutshell was our break.  Kids are back in school, routines are getting back in order, and fighting, well, the fighting still remains between the older two.  Sleep deprived + Fighting Boys = Super Cranky Mom.  Well, two out of three isn't bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment