Thursday, December 16, 2010

11 years and it seems like just yesterday

At 10:36 p.m. on December 9th my first child was born.  After a long and difficult labor our beautiful (red head!) baby boy entered the world weighing in at 9 pounds 1 ounce.  It was a moment, now coupled with three others that I will never forget and that I thank my Heavenly Father for everyday.

11 Reasons I love him

1.  He really cares about other people's feelings.
2.  He is smart.  He wants to know everything...the how's, the when's, the why's.
3.  He is gaining his own testimony about our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.  
4.  He can be so kind to his brother and sister, and adores his baby brother.
5.  He is a great helper.
6.  He already understands that women should be treated with respect.
7.  He always prays for people less fortunate and prays that many types of disease and illness can be cured..
8.  He is creative.  He loves to draw and make things.  This year he even decided to make gifts for each of us.  I've seen Kyle's and I have to say that I am quite impressed with his ingenuity.
9.  He can make a killer omelet!  This kid can cook.
10.  He is responsible.  
11.  He comes to me about anything. 

This year isn't a "big" party year so we had his favorite breakfast (Croissant French Toast with Coconut Syrup), opened presents, had donuts taken to school and went out to eat at a restaurant of his choosing.  He wanted a Mariano Rivera jersey (which, on a side note, I am glad he got one because Mariano is on the down swing.  The guy is the best closer in the game...ever.  But he is getting older, numbers are getting a little worse each year, so I hope that he is going to retire on top because even he should know that his time is about up.)  He also got cash.  (Which I am also glad about because he is quite the saver.  He does not like to spend his money!)


Happy Birthday Taylor.  I love you all the way up to the moon and back.  I get tears of happiness when I think about the blessing of eternal families and that you will be in mine forever.  You truly are a wonderful young man.

2 comments: