Saturday, June 26, 2010

Another Hectic Week

The boys both had Scout camp and really enjoyed their time playing outside and working on some of their requirements.  But I will have to say that my proud Mom moment was when the boys expressed concern over something that happened at camp.  I guess during lunch they did a shouting prayer.  Another boy stated that he was Jewish and didn't need to say the prayer and the Camp Counselor told him he did.  The boys stood up for him and said that he should not have to say it if he did not believe in it.  I guess the counselor was adamant (which I will be addressing).  But I am so proud that my boys stood up for someone elses beliefs.

As members of the church we have the Articles of Faith that are a modern day guideline to help us become better people.  The 11th Article of Faith states "We claim the privilege of worshipping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may."  I know that sometimes as parents our children often ride on our beliefs, but I love seeing their own desires to do what it right.  And I love that they recognize the different beliefs that others have and respect them as well. 

I have been thinking a lot lately about my children developing their own faith, especially as they complain about scripture study.  I know that sometimes it seems tedious to them but I hope and pray that if they recognize how important it is in our lives that they too will allow it to become important in their lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment