Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dam to....DAMN!!!!

Good times going on at the Coleman house. Finally some nice weather. Week ago Monday had a nice run...took a big step, no roll, twist or pop, and continued running. I was laughing because I was glad I didn't do a face plant. (In retrospect, that would have been much better). Started feeling some discomfort that afternoon and it progressively got worse. I took Tuesday and Wednesday off, felt ok Thursday morning so I went for another run. Run was a little uncomfortable (Clue 1) but I kept going. Finished 4 miles and I couldn't even walk. Took Friday off. Saturday I woke up early and felt less than ok, but decided to push it. (Clue 2). Got one mile and couldn't run anymore. Symptoms were the following: Acute pain on medial malleolus with swelling, significantly more swelling on lateral side. The more I was on my foot the worse it got. Dr. on Monday showed nothing on Xray, but played it safe and had an MRI last night at 10:15. This afternoon my Dr. called with the news. Distal tibia fracture (transverse and malleolus). So this lovely accessory for the next 4-6 weeks. We will do an xray at 3 weeks to see how it is heeling. Dam to Dam in out for next Saturday unless somebody has some kind of miracle cure... I am not a happy camper. So my running shoes will sit in this corner as a reminder each day that I will get back to where I need to be. I guess I will have to postpone the half a little longer. Why couldn't I have just made it 11 more days? SERIOUSLY!!!! I guess I wasn't joking about the summer trendsetter. First the nice bandaid on the face and now the walking cast up to myknee...it's hot!

Here are some cute pics of McKay to brighten this post just a tad. This is what happens when she wakes up on the wrong side of the bed:

This is what happens when it is raining and she is bored:

This is what happens when she is trying to cart the bike up and down three flights of stairs throughout the day:


Hope you all have a better week that mine has started thus far. I CAN be grateful it isn't worse, but right now that really isn't helping. Maybe an extra large hot fudge, marshmallow and caramel sundae from DQ will do the trick!

7 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. That totally sucks! I hope it heals fast. I'm sure you can find another 1/2 somehwere nearby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH, Sadly enough, Im kinda laughing!! thats so ironic, you work so hard for something, then do a "face plant"!! poor thing! well if you want a cute pedicure call me, i'll do a house call!! aahhh, still laughing, but don't worry, it's sad laughing!!! as for the awesome dinner invite, thank you so so much, however, i will have to take a rain check, matts aunt, uncle and grandpa are coming in town, we will be having dinner with them! you need to give me your email address! take care, if you need anything, a kleenex, a little pampering, call me!! stay off the foot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ginnie! NO way around it....that SUCKS big time. At least you have a good sense of humor about it, but come on seriously???? You rock that boot out girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man all that hard work!!! I wish I was there...I'd seriously push you in a wheel chair so you could do thw run...but you'd better believe I'd be walking...fast...but still walking :)

    p.s I'm thinking the only thing that would make that cast even mroe sexy would be get a sweet tan line from it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ginnie--I'm so sorry! I feel your pain, well sort of. After I ruptured my achilles tendon, I wore that lovely walking boot for 12 weeks. I called it fashion footwear! Anyway, good luck in your recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about the foot! Heal up quick. I highly recommend the Pecan Mudslide at DQ.

    ReplyDelete