Today is McKay's 7th birthday. I can't believe she will be in 2nd grade next year. Since today is a holiday we didn't have much planned due to a baseball tournament. The tournament got rained out, so she decided that she still wanted to hang around home today, open Grandma Marie's present, watch Phantom of the Opera and play with her friend Nora. Tomorrow we will celebrate with breakfast in bed, a movie and her choice of dinner out. Her party will be when I get back from Utah.
Seven things we love about McKay:
1. She is smart and loves to read. She currently reads at a 5th grade level! I am so glad I finally have a child who likes to read as much as I do.
2. She loves to draw and color. She is always taking out the colors and a piece of paper.
3. She loves to give affection. She tries to be nice to her brothers and is always willing to give a hug.
4. She is independent. (Good thing MOST of the time) She wants to go visit friends on her own, she wants to do her hair on her own, etc.
5. She wants to do what is right and loves to learn about the Savior. She is always quick to remind us that we aren't doing a good enough job about holding family home evening.
6. She is loyal. She wants to be friends with everybody and tries to include everyone around her.
7. Much to my chagrin, she is a tomboy. She doesn't want her nails painted and fights having her hair done. SOMEDAY, that will pay off and she will be tough as nails and won't put up with any crap.
Happy Birthday my little Princess!