Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Grant's great season

Grant has had a great year in baseball.  When Kyle came home with his roster after the draft, I made some comment about him having his work cut out for him.  I knew of a quite a few of the boys, and I thought it might be a tough year.  Well, I was proven wrong.  Yep, I said it.  Wrong.  I KNOW baseball, but when kids have heart and you have a coach who is willing to mold players, what you know doesn't really matter, does it?

Anyway, Grant's team went 12-2 and won the regular season.  The made it to the championship and lost to the team that they went 1-1 with in the regular season.  It was disappointing for the boys, but they played flat.  Couldn't hit the ball, and the other team did.  Nevertheless, they had a great year and it was fun to watch them.  They were smart and kept their heads in the game which you don't see often at this age.


Grant really improved this year.  He worked hard and it payed off.  He made the All-Stars this year.  He was pretty excited!



Way to go Grant!


No comments:

Post a Comment