Sunday, May 13, 2012

Quick Trip

Early Friday morning I headed out to Nauvoo to attend the wedding of my friend Sharisse.  When I first moved to Des Moines, I was called to serve in the Young Women's at our church and loved it.  I got to know Sharisse's family really well and love that I was asked to be part of such a special occasion.

Here are a few unedited photos...


Beautiful sunrise



Love.  This.  Picture.  Her Dad is really a great man.  And she is his baby so I think this picture captured their relationship perfectly.



The Barber sisters.  Such a beautiful family.


Sharisse and her protectors, er, I mean, brothers.  Showing these pictures today there were a few comments from a some ladies that I sat by in church about how handsome they were.  



The cakes made by yours truly.  The first is a traditional tier cake.  The bottom layers was a dark chocolate with almond buttercream, the top two were white with vanilla buttercream.  All of the layers were covered in traditional fondant.  She wanted very simple so I think this fit perfectly with her theme.

The bride requested a cheesecake.  I opted for a traditional New York with graham crust, top with chocolate ganache and raspberries.






Overlooking the Mississippi on the temple grounds.  Perfect setting.


No comments:

Post a Comment