Tuesday, February 21, 2012

No School!!


No school day means fun day (that is, of course, after Coleman Boot Camp)



McKay enjoying the mini slide...


The best invention ever for little ones...





Grant and his diving board skills...




Taylor showing how it is done...



Peek a cheesy boo...Isn't that the cheesiest smile you have ever seen?



How do I explain this one?  He loves outlets...and he loves to play with my kitchen appliances (can't guess where I spend a lot of my time, can you?) SO...the little genius moved a few of the appliances to the outlet by the front door because it isn't covered.  Little Mr. Smarty Pants.  I am really glad Taylor was sitting with him making sure he didn't follow through with what I am sure was on his mind.


Sweet little Grant.  The kids were asking quite a bit about what they were getting for Valentines, and of course, comparing to what other kids were getting, so I told them they would be getting a special breakfast and that was enough.  Grant at first was upset, but then seemed to let it go.  Later that day when Kyle got home he wanted us to all get together in the living room....and this is what he brought us.  I guess that after school he asked to "walk" home (we carpool with a friend) and decided to go to Casey's (a gas station/convenience store close to the school) and buy the candy bars.  That morning he actually was asking everybody what their favorite candy bar was for a math problem!!  Anyway, he came home after school and said he had homework to do and was up in his room for about 45 minutes.  He said he was done and went out to play.  But this is what he was really doing.  It brought tears to my eyes to know that what I am teaching them does touch their hearts.  I asked him how it felt to give and not receive (a discussion we have often in our home) and he said it made him feel better than anything!  We then talked about how Heavenly Father has given us everything and that in return, we need to give to others.  Such a small gesture that melted this Momma's heart.

1 comment:

  1. oh my that is the sweetest thing ever...don't you love it when you actually see the fruits of your Momma labor? Sweet boy

    ReplyDelete