Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Almost no words...almost.

I almost have no words.  Almost. 

There is no such thing as Mormonism.  I AM CHRISTIAN.  I BELIEVE IN CHRIST.

Here's an interesting concept for you to review:


And a reminder in case you have forgotten:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.  (The Declaration of Independence)

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. (Bill of Rights, Article 3)

We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where or what they may.  (The Articles of Faith of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints)

I respect and encourage to you to worship as you choose.  I expect the same in return.  

Now, I am not saying that I endorse Mitt Romney or John Huntsman.  I do not.  I have not yet made a decision on the person I am going to support, however, I have made a decision that I will not support or reject a candidate based solely on his or her religious convictions.  I ask you to do the same.

On a side, it would be interesting to research this "Religious Test" on an even broader spectrum.  I think the "Candidate Test" should suffice.  What are Americans thoughts on Muslims, Atheist, Gay or Lesbian, or Women candidates? 

Stop judging and start understanding.

Hey America, let's wake up and look at the whole picture instead of one through a narrow lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment