Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fall Fun

I love fall because of the beautiful changing colors, the cooler nights and especially because of the bounty of foods that are harvested. We spent Saturday at an apple orchard with our friends the Ray's. The kids had a great time with the corn maze, corn pool, duck races, apple sling shot, jumping pillow and especially the caramel apples. I usually buy quite a few apples to can applesauce and apple pie filling, but because we close on our new house the 10th I just don't have the time right now. I did come home with a couple of pecks, a few caramel apples, an apple pie and fudge. Let me tell you that the salty peanut fudge is probably the best fudge I have ever had. (Think nutty peanut roll! YUMMY!)

McKay is quite the little monster. She manages to destroy her room, the living room and the family area within an hour of waking up. I have decided that in our new house all of the toys will be in one area...downstairs. At least that way I will only have one area to clean up. We also will be putting her in a big girl bed. She has been getting out of her crib for about 4 months or so, but I didn't want to put up her new bed set because we knew we would be moving. Nap times have been interesting to say the least...for some reason she finds that the closet is the best place to sleep. I can't quite figure that one out!



Click to play Fall Fun
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

2 comments:

  1. we love that orchard and we will for sure miss it when we move! looks like you had a great time.

    are you moving far or will you still be in our ward?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time. Lots of great pictures! I love the ones of Makay in the closet so cute!

    ReplyDelete